Learning how to build a boat blind is handy if you want to be camouflaged while hunting duck. It is easy to create, and can be assembled and dismantled quickly—so that you can use the boat for other things too.
To build a boat blind, you will need:
- 1.5 inch PVC pipe
- 2.0 inch PVC pipe
- 1.5 inch PVC elbow fittings
- 1.5 inch PVC T-fittings
- Epoxy Glue
- PVC Primer
- PVC Adhesive
- Four screws
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Heavy Duty sewing machine (with needles, scissors and thread)
- 1 inch Velcro hook and loop
- Before starting, measure the PVC pipe and your boat. Cut the pipe with the saw, according to the measurements. Now assemble the PVC frame and set it into place. You should make any adjustments necessary, to the width, length or height before gluing the frame together using the Epoxy glue. This will make the boat blind secure.
- Now you will need to use the glue to attach the PVC frame together. First remove any grease and dirt from the ends of the PVC pipes, and then add PVC purple primer to the ends. Wait for the pipes of the boat blind to dry, and then add PVC pipe cement. While it is dry, insert each PVC pipe into it's corresponding fitting, and turn it one quarter to seal them together.
- Now you will need to cut the canvas to fit over the boat blind frame. Measure the sides of the PVC pipe frame, and then add 6 inches to each measurements (to allow the canvas to drape over the pipes). Use heavy duty scissors to cut the canvas, and then the panels should be hemmed using a sewing machine and thick thread.
- Now, use the sewing machine to sew Velcro strips to the top and sides of the panels of the boat blind. You should use thick strips of waterproof Velcro for increased durability.
- Now, use a drill to drill 1/2 inch holes into the PVC segments that form the sockets for the PVC pipe frame. Place the frame on the boat, and mark the areas where it's legs touch the deck of the boat. Now place the frame outside the boat temporarily.
- Glue or nail the sockets to the parts where the PVC frame meets the deck. If using glue, allow it to dry completely, and then add the PVC frame back in the deck and screw it into the sockets.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.