Learning how to make boat seat plans is the first step to customizing your boat. Before you tackle the task of trying to remove old seats, tear out old decks or go to your local marina to purchase all kinds of new boat seats, you need to have a plan. If you think you’re ready to get to work on customizing that old boat into a more comfortable and relaxing fishing experience, take a look at what you’ll need.
You’ll need the following items to make boat seat plans:
- Sharp pencil with a good eraser
- Clean sheet of paper(s)
- An idea of where you want your new seats to go
- Tape measure
- Graphing out your boat. To begin making plans for your new boat seats, you’ll first need to put on your artistic caps and draw a bird’s-eye view of your boat. This may seem like the scariest part of making plans, but you don’t need to be a modern day Picasso to complete this task. Just imagine you’re a bird flying over your boat and draw a very general overview of your boat. Start by drawing your haul, then fill in spaces with your old seats, casting decks, motors, etc.
- Deciding where it all goes. After you’ve drawn your boat, imagine where you would like to have your new seats at by drawing a second bird’s-eye view of your boat. This may be the most time-consuming part of your boat seat plans, so take your time and don’t be afraid to use that eraser! Make sure you fill in your hull, casting decks, motors, etc. first before you decide where you want your new seats to go. If it helps, go to your boat and take a look at where everything is now. This will help you decide where you want your new seats. Don’t worry if you change your mind a couple times at this point!
- Measure twice, purchase once. Once you have an idea where you want your new boat seats to go, it’s time to break out your handy tape measure. Measure the dimensions around where you would like your new boat seats to go and make sure you write them down next to the picture of your boat with the locations of the new seats. Once you’ve measured the interior of your boat you can take your plans to your local marina. Find a helpful associate who will help you find the right seats for your boat and make your purchase. If you happen to be just moving seats around, you can skip this step, but make sure you measure twice and cut once!
Once you have your plans set out, you’re just a little bit of time and work away from enjoying your new boat seats. It’s essential you follow the steps above in making your plans to save time and headache. The use of pictures will help you visualize where you want your new boat seats to go. It’s much easier to erase imaginary boat seats from your plans than having to drill-and-fill multiple places in your boat!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …