Knowing how to build a bonfire on the beach is a great skill for when you spend a summer evening at the beach with friends and family. Make sure that you have everything you need before you start the bonfire.
To build a bonfire on the beach, you will need:
- Time to plan your trip to the beach and research laws about bonfires.
- A permit to build a bonfire on the beach, depending on the beach and state.
- Some split logs for the bonfire.
- A shovel to dig the pit for the bonfire.
- A Duraflame log to get the bonfire started.
- A lighter or matches.
- Easy to heat and eat food such as hot dogs, buns, marshmallows, chocolate bars, and graham crackers.
- A cooler with some ice and beer.
- Do some research as to where you plan on building your beach bonfire. Make sure that you know what the state, county, and city laws about bonfires on the beach are. Apply for a permit if you need one. Also, make sure to check the weather to make sure it will be nice out when you decide to plan your beach bonfire.
- Invite some friends and family out to enjoy the bonfire with you. Have everyone bring something, from food to wood for the bonfire. Split logs are the best wood to get to build a bonfire teepee style. Also, make sure to get a fire extinguisher, just to be safe.
- When you get to the beach, figure out where you want the bonfire to be. You do not want to build a beach bonfire too close to the tide, and you also want to be at least 50 feet from the dunes and any brush or trees.
- Dig a fire pit one to two feet deep with raised edges to shield some of the fire from the wind. The size of the fire pit depends on how many people are expected to sit around the fire in addition to how big of a fire that you want.
- Put the Duraflame log in the center of the pit, then pile some of the smaller logs, small sticks and twigs around it. Add some of the larger split logs to form the shape of a teepee.
- Use the lighter or matches to light the Duraflame log and the small sticks and twigs. From there the fire should spread to the rest of the logs.
Once the bonfire on the beach is fully aflame, you can start to roast some hot dogs and marshmallows. Have a good time and enjoy your company. When the party is all over, make sure to clean up. Douse the fire with water and use the raised edges of the pit to cover all the ashes. Carry away all of the unused logs .
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.