How To Build Book Shelves
If you've ever wanted space to put your books, but didn't want to buy very expensive book shelves, then you should know how to build book shelves. It is simple and inexpensive to build book shelves, and can be completed in a single day.
To build book shelves, you will need
- Wood boards cut to sheets 1 or 2 inches thick
- Stud finder
- 2 L-brackets for each shelf
- Laser Level
- Screws or Toggle Bolts
- Start by planning where you want to place the book shelf, which will help you make the necessary measurements. Plan the dimensions of the bookshelf, including it's height, width, number of shelves and depth.
- Now, use a stud finder to locate the studs that are in your wall. Now use a pencil to make marks at those points so you will know where to place the L-bracket.
- Now, proceed by placing the L-bracket against the marks you just made with a pencil. Ensure that the long side is pointing downwards, and mark the locations of the holes using a pencil. Use a laser level afterwards, to make sure that everything is level. If not, erase the pencil marks and repeat step 2 and 3.
- Once they are level, attach the two L-brackets to the wall using the screws or toggle bolts. Then place the shelves on the brackets. The shelves should be attached to the short end of the L-bracket, with the long end hanging down.
- To make the shelves, use a pencil and a tape measure to make marks on the wood you purchased. Then simply use a saw to cut the wood into shelves that are just the right size for the brackets.
- Now simply repeat this process for as many shelves as you would like, and you have a fully functional book shelf.