How To Build Box Blind For Hunting
How do you build a box blind for hunting? The box blind is popular when the hunter wishes more comfort than the typical ground blinds. The problem with the typical box blind is that it is a free standing structure which is not easily moveable. Box blinds are perhaps best used on private property where they do not have to be moved. If the hunter desires to use a box blind on public hunting property they will need to make it easily transportable.
Materials needed to build the box hunting blind:
- Drills and driver set
- Wrenches or socket set
- Aluminum framing
- Screw drivers
The exact type and amount of materials will depend upon the size and amenities.
- Design your box blind. Using the plans provided decide how you will build your blind. Take into account the size blind you will need, if it will need to be taken apart/moved, how you will transport it, and any other factors. Do you want covered windows. Do you want a door? How do you want to sit and where? Heating source and insulation? Take your time and plan everything into the blind you may desire. Look carefully into how you will assemble the blind once you get it into the woods. Remember that you may need to transport the blind and tools both so make the design and manufacture as simple and easy as possible. Once you have planned your box blind you can move on the the next step.
- Assemble materials. Use the plans and your own designs to assemble all the materials needed. Make sure to use quality materials so that it will last a long time. When buying screws and bolts make sure that you have the appropriate tools to use the hardware.
- Build your box blind. This may by the last step in the process, or not. If you wish to transport the blind in sections to be set up and taken down you will build the blind and take it back apart. If you wish to build it one time and leave it up you will take all your materials to the desired location and build it in place. Follow the plans and your own design and build your box blind. If you built it in place you are now done. If not follow the next steps.
- Break down sections and store. In this step you planned ahead and built the box blind in sections you can easily take apart. Take the sections apart. It is best to transport your sections in the order they will be needed. The first parts to assemble should be on top.
- Transport blind and setup. Take your blind to the location. Prepare the ground area you will use to make sure the stand sits stable. Make sure to take all the tools you need to set up the blind. Set up your blind according to your design.
That is how you build a box blind for hunting. The box blind can be as fancy as you decide to make it. Their best use is probably on private property where they can be permanent. With some good planning however, you can make a box blind that is easy to set up and take down. Good luck and enjoy your box blind.