Learning how to build a cat food feeder is not too hard for those who have a basic understanding of tool use. You will also need certain supplies to begin making an automatic feeder. Following is advice on how to build a cat food feeder.
- Six pieces of wood, at least one half inch thick, and as wide and tall as the feeder will be
- Saw, such as electric hand saw
- Hinges and screws
- First, purchase all of the necessary materials. They may be found at any home improvement or construction supply company.
- Next, you are going to build the cat food feeder out of two components: the boxy part where the food is kept, and the tray, which gravity causes to be filled when it runs low. Start by assembling a box that has four sides, which is taller than it is wide. One side, which will be in front, should be about one inch shorter than the others, so that does not come down to the bottom with the other three sides. For instance, if the box is twelve inches high by five inches wide, it will have three twelve by five sides, and one eleven and a half by five side, which is flush at the top, but short at the bottom. Nail all of these sides together.
- Then, with another piece of wood, assemble a small tray. Use most of the wood as the base of the tray, and cut small strips off to make the sides, which will keep the cat food from spilling out. Nail three (about one inch high) sides onto the from, and two sides of the tray. Then, nail the tray to the box, so that it is below and in front of the wooden box that will hold the food, which has a gap at its front, allowing food to go into the tray.
- Make a top for the box, and attach it using hinges. Then, fill it with food, and set the homemade cat feeder out.
Learning how to build a cat food feeder is not too hard. All you need to do is make a storage box that has a gap where food can spill into a tray when cats eat the food from the tray, allowing it to be automatically refilled.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.