Table tennis fans must definitely be interested in how to build a cheap table tennis table. Table tennis, also known as ping pong, is a popular game among people of all ages. The best thing about ping pong is you can easily build a cheap table tennis table. The following are some easy steps to make a cheap table tennis table.
Tools and materials you will require:
- 8 2 x 2 foot boards
- Wood screws
- 14-inch plywood
- Wood glue
- White and green enamel
- Make the frame for the table top. The first step to make a cheap table tennis table is to fashion a 9 by 5 feet frame from the plywood. Take the wood screws and fix them at the corners of the board to attach them. This frame should form a rectangular shape and will serve as the foundation for the table top. Use sandpaper to smooth out the edges of the frame so they are easier to connect.
- Make the table top. Use the plywood to make the table top to fix on the rectangular frame. Make sure the boards you buy are smooth and even so you can play easily. Cut two sheets of the plywood. Make sure each piece make up one half of the table tennis frame. Use the wood glue to secure the plywood on the frame and let it dry overnight.
- Make the legs. Use the boards to make the legs for the cheap table tennis table. Each leg should be cut out to 29-3/4 inches. Attach the legs to the table’s frame with the wood screws.
- Paint. Paint the table top with green paint. Use painter’s tape on the areas where you have to paint the table white. This should be done to mark the sidelines and end lines. Borders should be three-fourths inches thick and the center line should be one-eighth inches thick.
- Finishing up. The last step in making a cheap table tennis table is to fix the net along the middle if the table.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.