How To Build A Chopper Bike
How to build a chopper bike is something that many people have wondered over the years. It isn’t an easy task, but it is one that gives a lot of rewards once accomplished. A chopper is any bike whose front wheel is offset from the main body of the frame. For the purposes of this article, we will assume you are applying this to any motorcycle.
Things You Will Need:
- Welding Tools
- 2 metal rods of the same size, and thickness as your front wheel supports
- Radial arm saw with a hacksaw blade
- Protective gear for welding and cutting metal
- Remove the tire from the front wheel assembly. Place it aside.
- Cut off the front wheel supports for the motorcycle. Make sure you cut them off evenly.
- Weld the additional rods in place to lengthen the front wheel supports. These should not make the wheel area smaller. This is a crucial fact. Any change that makes the wheel rotation area smaller endangers the bike and the life of the rider. Make sure the welds are straight. Improper welds simply will not do. These welds must be strong and precise.
- Weld the original supports back onto the bottom of lengthening rods. This process is simple, but it too must be very precise. In the end, you should be able to rotate the new assembly with precision and without obstruction. Test the assembly for strength. This is a core part in how to build a chopper bike. Test the assembly as if your life depends on it, because it does.
- Replace the wheel and rotate it to make sure it is without obstruction.
This completes the simple path of how to build a chopper bike. When you finish, you should have a wonderful new chopper you can ride around town.