How To Build Deer Box Blind
If you are a fan of hunting then you need to know how to build a deer box blind of your own. The task is very simple and interesting. Deer box hunting blinds are a good way to conceal the hunter in such a way that he can keep an eye on the situation.
- Hand saw
- Measuring tape
- Screw drivers
- Yard stick
- 6 sheets. 4 feet by 8 feet, with vertical sides
- 4 feet 8 inches by 4 feet
- 2 Feet 12 inches by 4 feet
- 4 sheets of corrugated roofing. 2 by 8 inches.
- Black paint
- 2 inches long wooden screws
- Sides, back and front of the box: To build a deer box blind, cut 6 feet of length of the vertical sided sheets for the front of the box. For the back, saw a length of a 5 foot piece of the same sheet. For the remaining 2 sheets, cut in such a way that one side of the sheet is 5 feet long and the other has a length of 6 inches, meant for the sides.
- Framing: Take the 12 feet 2 by 4 inches of material and cut 2 of the 2 by 4 inch sheet pieces marked to a length of 5 foot 5 inch length and the other two to a length if 4 feet 5 inch.
- Putting together the pieces: Take the 8 feet 2 by 4 feet and place them 6 feet apart. Now put the vertical siding diagonally from the 2 by 4 feet piece. Now fix all the pieces together with wooden screws. You will get an 8 feet by 6 feet rectangle. Repeat this procedure with the rest of the two 2 by 4 feet pieces and the vertical siding for the back. Turn over the pieces marked for the front and back and fix the vertical shorter sections of the sheets to each side of the rectangle. Remember that 5 feet 5 inch by 4 feet pieces are the front of the deer box blind and 4 feet 5 inch 2 by 4 feet pieces are for the back side.
- Door and window: Now, you need to decide where to cut the dear box blind for the windows and the doors. Saw a space big enough for a door in the back. For the windows cut out rectangles of 1 foot by 3 from the sides.
- Paint: The next step in building a deer box blind is to paint the insides of the box with the black paint to hide your movements inside the box. You can paint the exterior in camouflage colors if you want.
- Set up: You are almost done with building a deer box blind. Set the box up at your desired location and set the front, back and sides in a standing position and screw them together. Now attach the corrugated roofing on the top and fix it to the box.