How to build a dirt bike is a question a lot of young riders ask to save money. The first idea is to find a good store of parts. Junk yards are an ideal place to look for extra bike parts. Since the demand for bicycle parts is relatively low, you can often pick up bike parts for very little. All of the parts combined give you a perfect picture of how to build a dirt bike. Now let’s get started.
Things you will need:
- Bicycle body including brakes and chain
- Handlebars with handgrips, brakes and gear shift
- Screw drivers
- Wrench set
- All terrain tires with small gear box on rear wheel
- Small bicycle seat, preferably pretty hard
- Attach the handlebar. Tighten it down to the main body by rotating the attachment nut on the body. This starts how to build a dirt bike from the top down.
Attach the tires to the rear wheel slots and front slots. Tighten the wheels down to the body with wrenches.
- Attach the chain using a screwdriver to pull it tight and wrap it around the gears of the rear wheel. The chain must be taut. Test the whole mechanism by rotating the pedals. The chain and gear should flow smoothly when you move the pedals.
- Attach the gear changing mechanism with a wrench to the rear wheel assembly. Test changing gears.
- Attach the seat. Put the seat into the body and tighten it down with a wrench and adjust it to the rider’s height. Tighten the seat so that it can't move horizontally.
- Test ride the bike before taking it to bad terrain. Make sure the rider can comfortably maneuver and bounce up and down in his seat before going off road. This tests the toughness of the bike before going onto tough terrain.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)