Learning how to build a dog door is really quite simple, if you have the necessary tools. You will need the following:
- A chainsaw
- A box cutter
- A ruler
- A pencil
- Electric Screwdriver
The instructions for building a dog door are as follows:
- Use the ruler to trace a square or rectangle the size you would like your door to be. Your door can be at the bottom of your front or back door, or in a wall leading to the outside of your house. If you cut into the wall, make sure to seal the drywall and avoid any wiring. Make sure you make the dog door big enough for your dog, but not too big so a person could squeeze through!
- Use the chainsaw to cut the hole you have traced.
- Use the sandpaper to sand the rough edges you have created in the wood, so your dog will not get scratched going in and out of the dog door.
- Use the ruler to measure your heavy plastic. You will want the plastic to be flush with the floor, and then an inch wider than the dog door hole on the sides and the top.
- Use the electric screwdriver to screw the plastic into place at the top.
You now have a fully functional dog door.
Tips: Be sure no children are present when using the chainsaw and electric screwdriver. Be sure your dog is properly contained while using power tools, as well, to avoid accident and/or injury.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.