Investigating how to build a duck hunting blind puts the huntsman in touch with the age-old practice of outwitting prey by simple means. It served Native Americans in the grasslands and vast open areas; it serves the modern hunter today. So, what does the modern hunter have to do when he learns how to build a duck hunting blind?
- Choose a style category. Will the blind be temporary, permanent or movable? Should it be on land or will it be water based?
- Pick the size. Before even sitting down and searching for blueprints that outline the steps for how to build a duck hunting blind, consider if you usually hunt alone, bring along a buddy or might want to make it a family affair. Obviously, the blind needs to be adequately sized for everyone involved in the activity, including the dog.
- Stake out the location. There is nothing worse than building a permanent blind that fails to take into account the arrival locations of flocks. As a general rule of thumb, build your blind so that you have a clear shot toward the arrival and departure spots as well as over the open water itself.
- Purchase two six-foot and two three-foot fence posts. Anchor them into the ground so that they form a good-sized square that is big enough to allow you to sit down comfortably.
- Attach chicken wire to the fence posts and fashion walls out of the material. Make a roof of chicken wire as well. While most of the websites that offer advice on how to build a duck hunting blind advocate the use of canvass or hog wire, chicken wire is the best course of action when it comes to intertwining location specific, natural materials.
- Camouflage the chicken wire with straw, leaves, reeds and other natural materials from the area. If you just don’t want to spend the time gathering the goods, invest in some rot resistant camouflage netting for immediate cover.
Follow these steps, it is now time to hunker down and wait for the approaching flocks. While learning how to build a duck hunting blind is really not that difficult, it's worth mentioning that safety must be a primary concern. After all, you don’t want to be the one guy at the bar who follows up any advice on how to build a duck hunting blind with a lengthy tale about a hospital stay.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.