Learning how to build duck hunting boat blinds is essential if you are a hunting enthusiast, as they help conceal you and your boat better, thereby increasing your chances of catching ducks unaware. Making duck hunting boat blinds is fairly simple and can be completed in one afternoon. The blinds can be removed from the boat easily, so that the boat can be used for something other than hunting too.
To build a duck hunting boat blind, you will need:
- A boat
- PVC pipes
- PVC T Junctions
- Heavy Duty Scissors
- Measuring tape
- PVC couplings
- Needle and thread
- Start by taking measurements of your boat – especially in the areas where the duck hunting boat blind will be. Keep jotting the measurements down, so that you will know how to cut your PVC pipes. The blind will be rectangular and will be covered with the canvas.
- Now, start by setting the frame together. Attach the two PVC pipes together to form the frame's base. They should be connected together by using T- junctions. Add another four PVC pipes at a 90 degree angle at the corners of the two pipes using the T-junctions.
- Now, using four more T-junctions, connect the four vertical PVC pipes together using two pieces of smaller PVC pipes. You can glue the structure if you want it to be permanent or just leave it as it is, to allow for easier dismantling.
- Now, attach the frame to the boat using PVC couplings, which should be attached to the deck of the boat, at the locations where the four corners of the duck hunting boat blind fit.
- Now for the covering. Using needle and thread, sew Velcro strips on the sides of the canvas covering. Cover the entire frame with the canvas, using the Velcro to secure it into place.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …