Anyone who doesn't want to go through the hassle of building a real fire should learn how to build an electric campfire. These electric campfires look just as good as the real thing and are much easier to deal with. The following guide will help you learn about how to build an electric campfire.
To build an electric campfire, you will need:
- A can opener
- 5 lb coffee can
- 1 ft square piece of fire colored silk
- Small electric fan
- Red LED Christmas lights
- A few empty paper towel rolls or real logs
- The first step in building an electric campfire is to cut open the top and bottom of the coffee can. You should also peel off the can's label if it is still attached.
Next, cut the square of silk from corner to corner so that you end up with four large squares.
- Tape the ends of the silk triangles to the inside of the coffee can. This should fill the entire can and make the flames of the electric campfire.
To create the firelight for your electric campfire, you will need to attach the red Christmas lights to the inside of the can, right below the silk flames.
- Set up a small fan below the coffee can. It needs to be at least two inches off the ground.
- Next, lay either the paper towel rolls or the real logs around the can. This will help hide the fan and will also give the fire a more realistic appearance.
Make sure to unplug your electric campfire when you are done enjoying it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.