Anyone who enjoys the recreational use of a fiberglass boat may want to know how to build a fiberglass boat. These strong, non-corrosive boats are not difficult to build.
You will need the following items in order to build a fiberglass boat:
- Timber framing material
- Half-inch plywood
- Screws or staples
- Contact cement
- Clear Isothalic Gel Coat
- Build a fiberglass boat frame. Make sure that you create a paper pattern for this before you try to make it out of your timber framing material. Once you are working with your timber framing material you will need to use guests that are made out of half-inch plywood to join them together with screws (the fastest way) or staples (the strongest way).
- Install the lining in your fiberglass boat. Usually this will be made out of half-inch plywood and attached to your fiberglass boat with contact cement.
- Apply laminate to your fiberglass boat. This should only be done whenever the temperature is between 65 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush or spray one-quarter inch of clear isothalic gel coat onto your fiberglass boat’s surface. Make sure that this matches the resin so that it will provide you with the most waterproofing possible.
- Put on your first layer of the light mat and a layer of resin. Make sure that there are no air bubbles.
- Add any additional features that you may want (i.e. as bulkheads, ribs, stringers and web floors) on your fiberglass boat. This should be done before you remove the hull from the mold. You can also leave the molding beneath the water line in order to serve as a cradle for your fiberglass boat.
Now that you have taken the time to build a fiberglass boat, it is time to take it out on the lake and show it off. You will be proud of the fiberglass boat that you have built.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.