If you want to learn how to build a fish tank stand, look no further. A fish tank stand is very simple to build. The tank stand is basically a small table. The easiest material to build the tank stand is wood. It is easy to work with and less expensive than other materials.
- Wood glue (optional)
- Wood sealant such as varnish or paint
- Cut wood to specifications. Attention to detail is critical for a good, tight fit. This will lead to a more stable stand than one that has a less than perfect fit.
- Sand down the wood for a smooth finish. A smooth finish will seal better extending the life of your fish tank stand, and increase the strength of the fish tank stand.
- Screw the fish tank stand together after applying wood glue to better hold the fish tank stand together. Allow the wood glue to cure completely as recommended by manufacturer before continuing. This is usually at least twelve hours or overnight.
- Once the fish tank stand is dry, apply wood sealant. This is the finishing step. Apply the sealant in a well ventilated area wearing a painter’s mask if you so desire. Let dry in well ventilated area.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …