Want to know how to build a folding laundry cart for a small laundry room, bedroom or bathroom? Bamboo poles make beautiful building material for a folding laundry cart. Add caster wheels and a custom laundry bag that fits in with the rest of your decor, and the folding laundry cart you build will be both functional and beautiful. Just follow these steps to build a custom folding laundry cart to fit your exact needs.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Four bamboo poles, 33 inch long
- Two bamboo poles, 17 inches long
- Two bamboo poles, 13 to 15 inches long
- Two steel pins
- Hole saw drill bit
- Two squares of towels or fabric, 24 x 24 inches
- Strong ribbon
- Sewing pins
- Caster wheels (optional)
Follow these steps to build your folding laundry cart:
- Build the folding legs. Cross two of the long bamboo poles and mark where they meet at the center. Drill a hole there, going through the first pole but only halfway through the second. Insert the steel pin to affix the poles together. The hole you drill must be big enough to permit the legs to move freely. If not, expand the hole before permanently gluing the lip of the pin to the bamboo pole. Finally, build the second folding laundry cart leg following the same steps.
- Build the folding laundry cart frame. Using a hole saw drill bit that corresponds to the diameter of the small bamboo poles, drill holes eight inches from the top and bottom of the right and left sides of each leg. Insert the short bamboo poles into the holes, one pole on the bottom, one on the top, so as to connect the folding laundry cart legs to face one another. If the holes are tight, no glue is necessary. Otherwise, strengthen with glue.
- Build the folding laundry cart top. Place the medium length bamboo poles atop the X of each folding leg. Mark where the legs meet the pole, then drill holes using the hole saw drill bit. Fit the legs into the holes to attach the medium length bamboo top to the folding laundry cart you are building.
- Limit the folding of your laundry cart. To prevent the X legs from splaying completely, tie a ribbon to connect the short, bottom bamboo poles together. The length of the ribbon will determine how far the X legs will open.
- Sew a laundry bag for the folding laundry cart. Sew the towel squares on three sides to form a soft laundry bag, then hem the opening. Slip the bag inside the folding laundry cart frame and use sewing pins to mark where the bag should hang off the top frame. Sew two ribbons at each of these corners, then tie a knot and hang from the folding laundry cart handles.
- Add caster wheels. You may wish to add caster wheels at the bottom of the folding laundry cart by drilling holes and gluing the wheels in place.
In place of towels, use any strong fabric that matches the decor of your room.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!