How To Build A Guitar Head From Scratch
Want to know how to build a guitar head from scratch? This article will help you do just that. First, you will want to get all your materials and tools ready to begin. It is recommended that you use oak or maple for the guitar head, but if these are not an option for you, using any other wood will work fine too.
To build a guitar head from scratch, you will need:
- Wood of your choice
- A saw
- A drill
- First, you will want to choose the style of the guitar head. Once you have chosen what style you will want, begin to saw the guitar head into shape. Guitar heads can be any style, so don't be shy. This is the easiest part of creating the guitar head.
- Next you will want to drill holes for the guitar pegs. Assuming you are using the guitar head on a six-string guitar, you will only need to drill six holes for the pegs. If not, drill twelve for a twelve-string guitar. Next you have the option of choosing the style of guitar pegs you wish to use. You can go to a music store and see what kinds of guitar pegs they have that you can choose from. It can be quite fun shopping around for guitar pegs.
- Build the bridge. There will be a small bridge that you will want to create on the guitar head for the guitar strings to rest nicely on for quality sound.
- The angle of the guitar head is very important. Usually you will have the rod inside the guitar neck connecting to the guitar head. You will want to shape the slope just right to get the best angle.
- If you want, you can put the name of a company or your name on the guitar head. You can also paint the guitar head to your choosing and polish it up as the final touch.