How To Build Half Pipe Skateboard Ramp
Learning how to build a half pipe skateboard ramp is not too difficult. These ramps, which allow skaters to perform a number of awesome tricks, are made out of only a few materials, and even novices to the art of building can construct them at home. Not too much time is needed to make such a jump either. Following is some information about how to build a half pipe skateboard ramp.
How to Make a Half Pipe Skateboard Ramp: Materials
- Two sheets of plywood
- Long two by four boards
- Saw, such as table saw or electric hand saw
How to Build a Half Pipe Skateboard Ramp
- First, buy all of the supplies that you will need to build the ramp. They may be found at any home improvement or construction supply store.
- Next, cut out the two sides of the half pipe jump. Cut one sheet of plywood in half. From one square shaped half, cut two triangles (by sawing down the middle from corner to corner.
- Then, with each triangle, cut an indented curve into one side. Then, nail these two triangles, standing in the same position with the cupped sides forward, to the other square from the one piece of plywood, which will serve as the back of the jump. Now, you should have a frame with two indented sides and a back.
- Cut two by four boards to the length of the space between the two sides, and nail these onto the sloped fronts and the flat bottoms of these two sides of the frame.
- Now, you should have two curved sides (the shape of a half pipe), a back, and two by four supports nailed to the front of the ramp and the bottom of it. Cut the other sheet of plywood to the length of the indented front part of the ramp frame, and then nail it on top of the curved edges of the ramp frame. This will be the part where the skater rides up onto the ramp, which will stand on its own. Have fun with the half pipe!
Learning how to build a half pipe skateboard ramp is not too hard. Only a few supplies are needed, and a little bit of time must be put in before anyone can be enjoying a homemade source of boarding fun.