How To Build A Halfpipe
Learning how to build a halfpipe is fairly easy, but you do need an understanding of craftsmanship. Aside from that, all that is needed are the right supplies, time and the ability to use tools.
- Three plywood sheets
- Long two by four boards
- Wood glue
- Saw, such as a table saw or electric hand saw
- Start by buying all of the materials that you will need. They can all be found at any construction supply or home improvement store.
- Then, decide on the dimensions of your homemade halfpipe. Once you have this, trace the outline of the side view of your halfpipe on each of two sheets of plywood. This shape should use the corner of the plywood, forming two sides, but it should have a third, curved upward side, so that the shape represents a triangle with the hypotenuse indented. Cut these two sides from the plywood sheet.
- Then, cut two-by-four boards to the size of the width of the halfpipe, which will space the two sides. Nail these, so that they form a ladder-like ramp, to the front, (curved part) of the pipe's two sides, and also nail them across the back and bottom. You should now have a frame for the ramp, and then all that is needed is the front, curved part, which will be made from plywood.
- Cut the third sheet of plywood to the size of the front, curved part of the halfpipe frame. Nail this, and glue the sides of it, to the ladder-like frame between the two sides, on the front, curved part of the halfpipe. This will require a lot of nails, as the board will have to be firmly bent, but once it is mounted to the front, you have yourself a nice, homemade halfpipe!
Learning how to build a halfpipe is not too hard. All you need are some certain supplies, and once made, you can have a great time using it for tricks.