If you’re the creative type, here are directions for how to build a hockey stick table. The coffee table is built from hockey sticks that are cut and applied in an interesting, alternating pattern. It’s the perfect furniture piece for any hockey fan’s man cave or game room. This furniture project is moderate to hard, depending on your skills and abilities. Expect to pay between $250 and $500 on materials and tools, based on what you already have in your workshop and what you must purchase. Of course, you will pay at least this much if you purchase the table at a sports decor store. A hockey stick coffee table is a fun weekend project that requires some detail and may take several weekends to complete. Here’s what you will need to build the table, along with step-by-step instructions.
Tools And Materials:
- Table saw
- Miter saw
- Nail gun
- Pine wood
- Hockey sticks
- Medium density fiberboard (MDF)
- Wood screws
- Wood glue
- Wood putty
- Gather your tools and supplies. Inventory your workshop to see what you already have. Then visit a lumberyard or home improvement store to purchase what you still need. This project requires the following tools: a table saw, miter saw, nail gun, drill, and sandpaper. The required building materials include pine wood, hockey sticks, nails, screws, wood glue, putty, and stain.
- Build the pine table frame. Cut the pine wood to your desired length–for example, 16-inch and 36-inch pieces. Build a rectangular frame. Use wood glue and two-inch 18-gauge nails to fasten the wood pieces together.
- Build the pine table supports. For supports, cut two pieces of wood in an appropriate length. If you use the above measurements for your frame, use 14 ½-inch wood pieces for supports. Space them evenly in the frame opening. Use wood glue and 2-inch 18-gauge nails to attach the supports to the frame.
- Attach the table legs. Your table legs should be 1 ½-inch by 1 ½ inch by 18 inches. Attach the legs to the inside corners of the table frame with wood glue and 2-inch wood screws. Make sure the top of the legs are flush with the top edge of the frame.
- Attach the pine tabletop. Remember, you can customize your coffee table size to suit your space. However, if you’re using the above measurements, the tabletop base must be 17 inches by 37 inches. Place the top piece on the wood frame and center it. With an 18-gauge nail gun and 2-inch nails, attach to tabletop to the frame from the top.
- Stain the pine table. Take a look at your newly constructed table. Fill any holes, including the nail holes, with wood putty. Then sand the table with sandpaper to rough up the surface a bit and give the finish a better chance to adhere. Apply a wood stain in your desired color.
- Create the hockey stick tabletop. To make the hockey stick tabletop, use as many hockey sticks as necessary for an 18-inch width. Line up the sticks and glue them together, one by one, in a pattern that alternates between blade and the cut end.
- Attach the hockey stick tabletop. Center the completed hockey stick tabletop on a medium density fiberboard (MDF) base. Attach the base to your new pine table. Use 1 ¼-inch wood screws to attach the base from underneath.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."