How to build a horse drawn bobsled is an unusual feat wondered since these events gained popularity in Switzerland. Switzerland is also the home of other unusual sports like the luge. The British popularized these sports in Switzerland by getting involved in downhill sports.
Things you will need:
- Bobsled (Preferably a very large one)
- Knife (optional)
- Saddle the horse with bit and bridle. Strap on the harness as if the horse were going to pull a carriage.
- Attach ropes to the front support bar of your bobsled. If you don’t have a front support bar, you will need to wrap the ropes around the two front skids, and then tie those ropes to a second pull rope leading away from the sled. This creates a balanced pulling effect that spreads force all over the bobsled.
- Attach your pull rope to the harness. This is actually the tricky part. A horse’s harness is designed to pull something at the same height as the horse. You will need to attach the pull rope to the same parts of the harness (which shouldn’t be a problem) but there will be a slight upward pulling effect on your sled. This can’t be minimized with a counterweight as a horse is about one thousand pounds.
- Take the reins into your hands and start going. Using an actual bit and bridle gives you the luxury of directing the horse from your sled. As mentioned earlier, the larger your bobsled, the better. One that seats 2 – 4 people is ideal for this type of use. It also provides a good counter-balance for the slight upward motion you will feel when you first start moving.
If you follow these steps you can have a wonderful equestrian bob sledding experience. Please enjoy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …