Learning how to build hot tub stairs is not too hard, but you will need a basic understanding of tool use and craftsmanship. Certain materials are also required. Following is advice on how to build hot tub stairs.
How to Build Hot Tub Stairs: Materials
- Three boards of hardwood, at least six feet in length
- Saw, such as table saw or electric hand saw
How to Build Hot Tub Stairs
- First, buy all of the materials that you will need. They can be purchased at any home improvement or construction supply company.
- Next, decide upon the dimensions of you hot tub stairs. They are going to be made with the boards of wood, and should come up to about one foot below the edge of the hardwood. If your hot tub is four feet high, and your boards are to be slanted, set back about three feet at the base of the tub, then the diagonally-leaning stairs need to be just over four feet in length. For four foot sides, two boards of about five and a half feet are best.
- Cut four-five foot pieces from the boards. Then, cut diagonal cuts at their ends, so that they are flush with the ground and with the edge of the hot tub, so that each of the two sides represents an elongated trapezoid.
Cut three, one foot pieces from the last board, and nail these, so that they will lay flat when then stairs are slanted upward, between each of the two stair sides.
- Sand the homemade hot tube stairs thoroughly, so that there are no rough areas on the wood. Then, coat the stairs with varnish, and lean them against the tub. Nail them to the ground, and, if possible, to the side of the tub, and re-coat them with varnish. You should now have nice, homemade hot tub stairs.
Learning how to build hot tub stairs is not very hard for those with building experience. Take your time when making them, and you will have a nice looking addition to the tub.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.