How To Build Immune System
Each year as cold and flu season approaches many scramble to find ways to build their immune systems. If you find that you catch colds and other illnesses easily, that is a surefire clue that your immune system is compromised and not getting what it needs. Simply following these suggestions can place you on the path to less illnesses, more energy and a whole new approach on life itself.
- Take a multivitamin. If you find that it is difficult to meet all your nutritional needs with natural food, a multivitamin is an excellent option. Commit to taking a multivitamin daily and you will begin to see a major difference in how you feel. Chose a multivitamin that suits you best. There are specific multivitamins for men, women, and children that assist in building your immune system.
- Echinacea. Echinacea is a very effective immune building supplement. You can take them as if taking a course of antibiotics. When you feel a cold or other illness coming on, begin taking the supplements immediately. Follow the dosage instructions on the bottle, and take them for two weeks. You can also opt for drinking echinacea tea. If you find that supplements are not your thing, a nice cup of Echinacea tea is a warm and welcoming option. Drink at least two to three cups of the tea daily for at least two weeks.
- Garlic and onions. Contrary to the stigma of these two veggies, they provide a great immune building punch. You always heard your grandparents talking about it, well it was for good reason. Garlic and onions are great immune builders and antibiotics. Simply add them to your foods. The great things about onions and garlic is that even when cooked they obtain their antibacterial qualities.
- Add exercise to your life. Exercise is known to be a natural immune building component. Committing to walking at least thirty minutes, five days a week is an ideal program for building your immune system.
- Increase your sleep. Most people today don't get the recommended eight hours of sleep a night. Not getting your eight hours of sleep reduces your immunity. If you find that you continue to catch the same illnesses over and over, simply getting your rest will build your immune system and nip those illnesses in the bud.
- Drink your water. It is mind boggling how many illnesses are caused by lack of water in our diets. If you want to build your immune system drastically, get your recommended daily amount of water. Water flushes the toxins of your body, thus creating a healthier environment in your body.
- Change your diet. Changing your diet causes wincing when it comes to building your immune system. It is difficult to give up foods that you really enjoy. If you are serious about building your immune system you must give up processed foods, margarine, white bread, white sugar, white rice, dairy products, caffeine, and alcohol.
- Take Probiotics. Probiotics increase the presence of "friendly" bacteria. Sometimes antibiotics decrease the amount of healthy bacteria and weakens our immune systems. To ensure that we have a healthy digestive environment taking a probiotic is needed. You can also get probiotics from eating yogurt. Purchase yogurt that is low in sugar.