How To Build An Indoor Tennis Court
Learning how to build an indoor tennis court is not too hard, but it requires a few key things. First, you must have adequate space, and then you can work from there. Following is how to build an indoor tennis court.
How to Build an Indoor Tennis Court: Materials
- Large, indoor space with hard floor
- Duct tape (white)
- Tape measurer
- Tennis net
How to Build an Indoor Tennis Court:
- First, find a space for the court. Although most tennis courts require 78 feet by 36 feet, any space large enough for your desires can work.
- Next, buy or find the remaining materials. Tennis nets may be purchased at sports stores.
- Use a tape measurer to note where the lines will be on the tennis court, if using an actual size space (78 feet in length, 36 in width for doubles, and 27 feet in width for singles). If using smaller than regulation size space, line the court with tape so that it has a mid line, and two boxes on each side of where the net will be placed. These boxes should extend more than halfway to the baseline on each side. Also tape the two tramlines, and the two baselines. A center mark may also be taped at the midpoint of each baseline, to facilitate doubles play.
- Next, install the net. This may require you to drill into the flooring, but that can be the only way to keep the net's posts in place, and keep it fully stretched.
Learning how to build an indoor tennis court is not too hard, but it can take time, and requires a massive space. If trying to build a replica of a regulation court, turf surfacing will be necessary.