How To Build A Jacuzzi
Learning how to build a Jacuzzi can be a lot of fun and sometimes difficult. The basic plan of a Jacuzzi is that water is filled into a container. The water is then heated up and pumped through jets which blow air through the water creating a powerful stream of water pressure.
Here are the basic items needed to build a Jacuzzi tub:
- A tub or container
- A jet system
- Wood planks
- Silicone adhesive
- Tile and grout
- First, you will need a container or tub. There are different styles and sizes available to suit all preferences.
- The next thing needed is a jet system – It is best to have one strong enough to handle the hot water you will be putting in it.
- Next will be the frame for your Jacuzzi tub. The bottom of the tub will need to sit on the floor. Measuring the size of the opening the tub needs will ensure enough clearance for the plumbing that will run along the sides of the tub and pump.
- Using 2 x 4 wood planks, build four walls with vertical studs every twelve to sixteen inches. This will make the inside opening of the walls fit your tub underneath the overhang.
- Make the height of the walls the same as the height of the Jacuzzi tub when it is sitting on the floor. It is best to measure to the bottom of the overhang. This structure will form a nice base. The tub can be inserted into the frame after it is built or the frame can be built around the tub.
- Applying silicone adhesive around the outside of the area where the tub will connect to the base will ensure a watertight seal.
- There will need to be a designated area around one of the openings between the studs as an access panel to the pump and electrical connections.
- Apply finishing touches such as tile and grout.