How To Build A Jump Ramp
Knowing how to build a jump ramp is handy if you want to be launched into the air. A jump ramp can be used with a skateboard, skates or even a bicycle and can hone your skills as a wannabe stunt star.
To build a jump ramp, you will need:
- Four 2 x 4s
- Pencil and paper
- Hammer and nails
- Start by finding a stretch of land that is smooth and level, and choose an area on this for your stunt ramp. This will ensure that there is enough landing room on the other side. Decide on the size and angle of the jump ramp, depending on your personal preference and skill.
- Now, sketch a basic shape for your jump ramp on paper. Take into account all the measurements, such as the length and width of the ramp, as well as a rough idea of the angle.
- Take a large rectangular piece of plywood, and set it on the floor. Take two 2 x 4s and place them along the edges of the longer ends. Hammer these into the plywood base at an angle.
- On the far side of the plywood, hammer two more 2 x 4s vertically, so that they support the angled pieces. You will need to cut these to size with a saw, and hammer them from the outside.
Now, take another large rectangular piece of plywood, of the same size as the first and hammer it onto the angled 2 x 4s.
- Test the ramp by standing on it before launching yourself off it. If it bends or breaks, reinforce the upper piece of plywood by adding another angled 2 x 4 under it.
Posted on: Aug. 10, 2010