Learning how to build kayak storage racks is not too hard. All that you need are the right materials and a basic understanding of tool use. The following article includes advice on how to build kayak storage racks.
To build kayak storage racks you will need:
- 2 x 4 boards
- Metal rods
- Hack saw
- Tape measurer
- Five-minute epoxy
- Gather all of the materials that you will need. They can all be found at any home improvement or construction supply store.
- Next, determine the height of the kayak storage rack. Add the widths of all of the kayaks that you wish to store on it, and add at least one foot, and you have your height.
- Cut four long 2 x 4 boards to the designated height. These will be the sides of the rack, from which metal rods will be placed to hang the crafts.
- Nail two of the 2 x 4s together, and nail the other two together, so that you have two posts. Cut and nail five-foot-long 2 x 4s to the tops and bottoms of the the two sides, making a square or rectangle shaped frame with thicker sides.
- Drill holes in the sides where the poles to support the kayaks will be hung at intervals that represent the widths of the crafts you will store on the rack. Mix some epoxy and dab it on the end of the two-foot metal rod segments. Cut the segments with the hack saw, and push them into the holes. You should now have a rack with prongs sticking forward on each side to support kayaks. Either nail the rack to the wall, or build feet, extending forward two feet or so, with extra 2 x 4s.
Learning how to build kayak storage racks is not too hard. Follow the steps above, and you can have your own storage system for your personal craft, which may be nailed to the wall, kept outside or placed in the garage.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?