When remodeling a kitchen you may decide you want to learn how to build a kitchen sink base. A kitchen sink base is the base cabinet that holds the sink and the plumbing. Building your own kitchen sink base and other cabinetry may save you money and it will ensure you get the style and quality that you are looking for.
To build a kitchen sink base, you will need:
- ¾ inch plywood
- Combination square
- Table saw or circular saw
- Finish nails
- Door knobs or handles
- Wood glue
- Jig saw
- Corrugated fasteners
- Measure. Measure the space that will hold your kitchen sink base. Most standard kitchen sink bases are 48 inches long. Building your own kitchen sink base allows you to choose the dimensions that suit your needs.
- Choose your design. Although building a kitchen sink base is fairly basic, you will need to choose the design that is suited for you. You may want to have double doors or a possible three doors depending on the width of your sink base.
- Measure and cut. Measure and cut the lumber to your needed lengths. Take into consideration the width of the wood as you are making your cuts. The width of the wood can change your length dimensions. When in doubt, cut the pieces longer; they can always be trimmed down if needed.
- Screw and glue. If your kitchen sink base is going to sit among other cabinets, you can use screws to secure your pieces along with glue and corrugated fasteners. If your sink base will sit alone, you will want to use finishing nails for a more polished look.
- Attaching doors, trim and drawer fronts. Although your sink base will not have working drawers, most designs include faux drawer fronts so that the kitchen sink base fits in with the rest of the cabinetry. These are attached with finishing nails and glue or other fasteners. Attach hinges to the door panels. Add any extra trim that matches the existing cabinets. Now is also the time to attach the door handles or knobs.
- Placing the kitchen sink base. Once the kitchen sink base is built you will want to slide it into place so that it can be secure to the surrounding cabinetry and to the wall. You may need shims to level out the cabinet once it is put into place.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."