If you have limited closet space, limited funds or you don't have a desire for excess, you may need to know how to build a minimalist wardrobe. Building a minimalist wardrobe is a multi-step process, but if you are serious about building a minimalist wardrobe, you'll be able to do it without too much pain.
- Edit your current wardrobe. Pull all your clothes out of the closet and categorize them—suits, trousers, jeans, casual shirts, dress shirts and sweaters.
- Decide what you need based on your lifestyle. If your job requires business casual, you'll only need one suit. What you wear to work most days will determine the bulk of your wardrobe.
- Choose a color scheme. Select one neutral and one or two colors that go together so everything matches and can be worn with everything else. The ability to mix and match as well as layer every item you own will give you the foundation to build a minimalist wardrobe.
- Make a list. Before you go through your clothes, determine how many of each item you actually need. Take everything into account, such as working attire needs, casual clothes, dressy clothes for weddings and funerals and fitness attire.
- Weed out unnecessary items from your wardrobe. Pull out trendy items, duplicates and anything that doesn't fit.
- Donate unneeded clothing. Anything that isn't on your list needs to go. Be ruthless and stick to your list.
- Go shopping. Purchase something new if you need something, but only buy what you absolutely must have to fill in any holes and build your minimalist wardrobe.
Once you've learned how to build a minimalist wardrobe and edit your closet accordingly, resist the urge to add unnecessary items. Only buy something new when clothing looks frayed and needs to be replaced.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.