Learning how to build a model speed boat is not too hard if you have any experience working with tools and wood. All that you need are some key supplies to begin, and then you can make a model speed boat that is of your chosen size, color, overall shape and other preferences. The following is some advice on how to build a model speed boat.
- Five pieces of wood, one inch in thickness, and at least as long and wide as the hull of the model boat
- Powered saw
- Drill with one inch paddle bit
- Electric sander
- Wood glue
- First, buy all of the supplies that you will need. Any construction supply company will have them.
- Next, determine how you want your boat to look. In general, a speed boat will be long and narrow, and it will have a pointed front and a blunt back. What you will be doing is making the hull from the pieces of wood: the bottom piece will be very small, and cut to the size of the bottom of the hull. The next ones will be increasingly larger, and they will be glued together and sanded to shape.
- Cut out five pieces of wood, shaped at intervals like the hull at one fifth of its height: the bottom one will be small, the next will be larger, and it will have a pointed front and a blunt back. The next will be the same shape but larger, and the final two will also have the same general shape (they will look like the shape of the hull from a top view), but the final piece should be cut larger than the one that will be just below it.
- Cut a hole in the top, largest piece with the paddle drill bit, and hollow it out so that its sides are one to two inches (at least thick enough to overlap the piece that will be glued below it). This will make for a deck at the top of the model speed boat.
- Glue all of the pieces together, from bottom to top, so that you get a boat that looks to be made of building blocks, as the sides of the pieces of wood are still vertical. Clamp the boat, made of five pieces, and wait for the glue to dry.
Use the electric sander to sand the sides of the hull to give it its shape. Take some time here, and make the sides smooth, removing the vertical edges of the sides of the five pieces of wood. Then, once done, use sandpaper to remove any minor imperfections from the model speed boat.
- Now, simply paint the boat, and decorate the deck however you want, by adding a console or anything else, and you are finished.
Learning how to build a model speed boat will take some time, but the process is not too difficult if you know how to use tools. Take your time, and make sure that you work carefully, and then you can have a beautiful, homemade replica of a speed boat.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!