How To Build An Outdoor Kitchen
For an exciting weekend project, learn how to build an outdoor kitchen. An outdoor kitchen is an exciting luxury that will impress all your friends and guests. In this article, we'll look at how to build an outdoor kitchen, which can be easily set up in just a weekend's time.
To build an outdoor kitchen, you'll need:
- All-weather furniture
- Grill and side tables
- Outdoor carpet
- Citronella candles
How to build an outdoor kitchen:
- Find the right spot. If you are fortunate to have a covered deck, you can place your outdoor kitchen there. If not, you can create a cozy spot on a patio or deck, which you can cover with a canopy to create a feeling of privacy. Netting can be attached to the canopy, if desired, to help keep insects at bay.
- Select outdoor furniture. When selecting furniture for your outdoor kitchen, be sure to look for all-weather furniture that will not rust or fade. Also, try to purchaser chairs with soft cushions so guests can be comfortable while dining outdoors. When learning how to build an outdoor kitchen it's important to remember to keep the furniture in a close proximately to the cooking station, but not so close that guests can feel the residual heat from the grill.
- Organize the cooking station. You don't have to spend a lot of money on a pricey grill for your outdoor kitchen. When learning how to build an outdoor kitchen, the focus will NOT be on the grill itself, so any grill will work fine. It's how you organize the cooking station that will give the illusion of an actual kitchen. Set up outdoor tables beside the grill, which will allow the cook to prepare the food, and have a small side table for serving.
- Outdoor decorating. To create a spot that is inviting, string small white lights around the canopy and tuck them into any bushes or potted plants that border the outdoor kitchen. Place an outdoor rug under the eating area, and display fresh flowers on the table for a cozy touch. Decorate the table with green dishes and napkins, which will complement the outdoor setting.
- Keep thee bugs away. No one will be able to enjoy your outdoor kitchen if they are being eaten alive by bugs. Keep the bugs away with citronella candles and Tiki torches. The glow of the candles will also add a relaxing ambiance that guests will enjoy.