When building a deck or patio you may want to learn how to build and outdoor wet bar to add to the area. An outdoor wet bar is a great addition that could be well utilized while entertaining and prevent people from going in and out of your home for drinks or even just to wash their hands. An outdoor wet bar is easily constructed and could add extra value to your home as well.
To build an outdoor wet bar, you will need:
- A design plan
- Lumber or other materials suited for outdoor weather
- Plumbing supplies
- Counter top
- Circular saw
- Miter Saw
- The design plan. Choosing the right design plan to suit your needs is the most important step. There are several different ways an outdoor wet bar can be constructed. There are self-serve styles that are built against a wall or there are wet bars that are two-sided just like at the bar at the local tavern.
- Choosing materials. The materials you choose to build your outdoor wet bar must be able to with stand the weather in your area. Since the wet bar is going to be a permanent fixture of your outdoor décor, it must be able to hold up to the sleet, rain, sun or whatever else mother nature can throw at it. Cedar is a great choice for an outdoor wet bar.
- Cutting your pieces. The general rule of carpentry is to measure twice, cut once. Once you have chosen the design, the dimensions are the next most important construction step. If you are building a self-serve outdoor wet bar, the bar should be 30-inches high. If you are building a two-sided wet bar, one side will be 42-inches high to accommodate bar stools and the backside should be 30-inches high.
- Building your outdoor wet bar. Once all your pieces are cut, it is time to put your creation together. Unless you are a master carpenter, this really is at least a two-person job. Start by putting the frame together to have a freestanding piece. Then attach the front, sides, and top.
- Finishing touches. You can add trim pieces to help the outdoor wet bar blend in with existing décor or just to make it look prettier. Add and shelves or doors.