Learning how to build a paint booth is not as difficult as it may sound. With just a few tools and building supplies this project can be completed in a weekend. This project will require a minimum of two people to complete.
- Pine 2 x 4’s
- Sheet rock (optional)
- Hammer or screwdriver
- Nails or screws
- Leather gloves (optional to protect hands from splinters)
The following instructions are for how to build a paint booth inside an existing structure.
- Set down on paper exactly what you want your project to look like when you are finished. Some of the items you may want to address would be whether you are building this structure inside of an existing structure or a stand-alone structure, will it need a roof, and the dimensions of the paint booth.
- Using the information in step one, purchase the required supplies. If there is more than one building supply store where you live be sure to get the prices from all of them.
- Invite a few friends over for beer and pizza. After they get there let them know it is a building party.
- Using saw cut 2 x 4's to the required lengths. Be sure to wear eye protection, gloves and follow all safety rules.
- Nail frame together. This step may require assistance to raise the sides after they are nailed together.
- Once the frame is up the sheet rock and plywood can be nailed to the frame. Cut the ventilation holes out of the walls (be sure to line these up with the existing windows so that the fumes go outside). These will be where the fans will be installed to provide the appropriate ventilation for painting.
Tip: If there are no existing windows to line your fans up with, it may be necessary to use a hose to vent the fumes outside.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.