Learning how to build pantry shelves is a simple task to complete as a do it yourself homeowner. With a few simple straight cuts and some screws to hold it all together you can build a set of sturdy pantry shelves that will hold anything you can throw at it. These pantry shelves will hold all of your canned goods, pasta, jars, sauces and more giving you more room than you could have imagined. These instructions are to build a basic pantry shelf that is 2 feet deep, 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall.
To build pantry shelves, you will need:
- 8 2 x 4 x 8 pieces of plywood
- 1 sheet ½ inch MDF (home improvement stores will cut this for you. Have it cut into 4 – 2 foot by 4 foot sections)
- 1 box 2 ½ inch wood screws
- Tape measure
- Circular saw
- A friend to help hold things
- Cut. The first thing you want to do is cut all of your boards for your pantry shelf. Cut 6 of the 2 x 4 x 8’s in half so that they are 4 foot long. Cut the remaining 2 x 4 x 8’s in 2 foot sections.
- Building. Lay 2 of the 4 foot section on the floor at 4 feet apart. Screw a 4 foot section of board at the top and one at the bottom of the boards connecting them together. Your structure should now look like a square. Attach 2 more boards. One at the 18 inch mark and the other at the 33 inch mark. Now build an identical structure using the remaining 4 foot boards.
- Attaching. Now have your friend hold the structures upright at 2 feet apart. Using the 2 foot boards, screw sides together placing the boards at the same heights as the other boards.
- Shelves. Take the 4 pieces of MDF that you had cut at the home improvement store. Lay them on the horizontal boards. They may have to be trimmed to fit. Once you are happy with the fit screw into place.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Style Profile: Jesse Nolan of Caught a Ghost
One of the most stylish guys in indie music on the benefits of dressing up for your home office and the "Blossom"-esque trend men should avoid.
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
7 Dates You Can’t Go On Until You’re ‘Dating’
Here are seven outings to avoid until she officially becomes your girlfriend. Unless you’d like that to not, you know, ever actually happen.