How To Build A Plastic Skateboard Ramp
Learning how to build a plastic skateboard ramp is not too difficult. You will need to know how to work with tools, and you must have some basic supplies to start the project, but with these entities, you should be able to make a nice ramp. Following is some advice on how to build a plastic skateboard ramp.
- Thick plastic sheet, at least one half inch in thickness
- Powered saw
- Cinder blocks
- Tape measurer
- First, buy all of the materials that you will need to begin. A construction supply store will have what you need. The plastic sheet should be thick and hard, and large enough for you to cut the ramp's surface out of. Do not buy flimsy plastic that will only bend or cave in when you put weight on it.
- Next, determine the size of your ramp. Use the marker to mark its dimensions on the plastic. It should be rectangular in shape.
- Cut the rectangle out of the plastic sheet using the powered saw. Be careful, and try to make the ramp as pretty as possible by cutting as straightly as you can.
- Once the ramp is cut out, sand all of its edges down to remove the rough appearance remaining on its sides from where the plastic was cut. A coarse grain sandpaper is fine for this.
- Then, simply set up the ramp. Lay the plastic, tilted, over cinder blocks, and then use it. You may easily transport this ramp for use elsewhere, too: just bring the plastic and the blocks somewhere else.
Learning how to build a plastic skateboard ramp is pretty easy. All you need to do is cut a plastic rectangle from a sheet, sheet, and then prop it up to make a nice ramp for skateboarding wherever you want.