Knowing how to build a plate wall cabinet will expand your storage options in your kitchen or dining room. Wall plate cabinets are one of the most common items in any dining room. These cabinets are great items for displaying your prized china collection or storing plates in a close proximity to the using area.
When building a plate wall cabinet, you will need:
- Two 4 x 8 sheets of good, high quality plywood
- Circular saw
- Tape measure
- Wood screws
- Wood glue
- Drywall screws
- Wall anchors
- Cut out all of the pieces you will need to assemble your plate wall cabinet. First, you need to cut the back of your plate wall cabinet. This will need to be four feet long by three feet wide.
- Cut out your top and bottom pieces out. They should be three feet long by six inches wide. Next, you need to cut out the sides. Cut them three feet eleven inches by six inches wide.
- Your next step is to cut out your shelves. They should be two feet eleven inches wide by five inches deep. You can cut out however many necessary to properly display plates. Typically, one shelf will be needed for each foot of interior cabinet space. Now you are ready to start putting your plate wall cabinet together.
- Take your bottom, top, sides and back pieces and glue them in place. Screw this frame together, making a rectangle. Glue the back on top of this frame and then screw it on. Be sure to place a screw every six inches around the frame.
- You can put your shelves in. Set them where you prefer and screw them into the back. Be sure to confirm that the shelves are level. After the shelves have been securely installed, hang the cabinet on the wall using heavy duty screws and wall anchors.
- Your plate wall cabinet is now ready to be painted or stained, depending on your preference.
- Always remember to be safe when using your power tools.
- Always wear safety glasses when using hand tools.
- Consider installing glass doors instead of solid doors to beautifully display your items.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.