How To Build Pop Up Soccer Goals
Knowing how to build your own pop up soccer goals can save your team a lot of money. They are also convenient to move around in case your field is used for dual purposes. Building your own pop up soccer goal can be fun and takes only a few supplies.
Things You Will Need to Build Pop Up Soccer Goals:
- 2 PVC Pipes: 4-foot
- 4 foot by 6 foot soccer netting
- Hook and Loop tape
- Four pieces of rope: about 4 1/2 feet long
- Four ground anchors about 1 foot
- Place the PVC pipes parallel to each other on the ground about six feet apart. Place the soccer netting between the pipes. This will build one pop up soccer goal.
- Adhere the loop side of hook and loop tape to the PVC pipes with glue. The pipes will require three or four pieces of hook and loop tape eight inches long. Place the tape down the length of the pipe, leaving two inches between each piece that will be used to build the pop up soccer goals.
- Weave the hook side of the hook and loop tape through the holes of the net. Press the hook side and loop sides together. This secures the net to the build pop up soccer goal pipe.
- Tie two ropes to the PVC pipe with a knot around the top of the pipe. Tie a ground anchor to the other end of the ropes. These will hold the pop up soccer goals upright.
- Now for the pop up part. Place the PVC pipes upright at approximately five feet apart. This will require a friend to help with the other pipe. Hammer the ground anchors into the ground and make sure they are securely in place. One ground anchor should be positioned in front of the goal and one in the back. Repeat for both pipes.
- Remove the ground anchors from the ground but keep everything else attached. Roll up the pipe and net together. You can store it this way and transport the pop up soccer goals in your vehicle.