How To Build A Radio Station
Do you want to know how to build a radio station? Building a radio station can not only be a way to get information on the band waves, but it can also be a lot of fun. There are several steps to take in order to get the ball rolling, and once they are complete, a radio station is born.
- Pick the type of station to broadcast. First thing is first. A decision needs to be made if there is going to be music, talk radio, or both on the radio station being built. Once this is decided, the creator should make sure to target the appropriate audience.
- Get the proper equipment. There are certain types of equipment that are needed in order to get the radio station up and running. A microphone and recording interface are needed to get the radio station started. A pair of headphones are suggested as well for listening and recording. There are several places to get the equipment, including online options in order to build the radio station.
- Hook up the equipment. Plug the interface into the USB port on the computer. This will allow transmitting for the radio station. Keep in mind that the microphone will not work through the radio station being built until the interface is up and running. Hook up the microphone into the interface as well as any headphones that were purchased as well.
- Go to Ubroadcast. In order for the radio station to be a radio station, an account has to be created here, and it is free. However, it is important to read all the rules and regulations of this site because the creator has to make sure that they have permission to play other people's music. Once the account is established, there are prompts to go through to install the software, which is also free.
- Contact owners of music. Regardless if the creator of the radio station is doing just a little bit of music, it is still required that they get permission before playing other people's music on the radio. Contact major record labels, and even artists themselves in order to gain permission. They will need to be paid royalties every time their music is played, so it is a good idea to offer local advertisements for companies that are willing to pay. This will help pay for those royalties. If permission is not granted, there is usually a lawsuit that will follow and a fine.
- Set up the playlist. After installing the Ubroadcast equipment, open it and find "add MP3". This will allow the radio station creator to add songs that were granted permission from their playlist and play it on the air in the order that they choose. The music can be organized, saved, and added to anytime.
- Go live. The best part about building a radio station is that button that finally gets to be pushed. The "Go Live" button can be found on the Ubroadcast system after everything has been hooked up, the playlist created, and the permissions have been granted. At that point, after that button has been pressed, the rest is up to the creator. They can create their own radio station name, and what type of audience they want to target. They can choose to do all music, all talk radio, or both. A good thing to keep in mind is to be creative, there are a lot of radio stations out there, so make yours stand out.