How to build a shoe rack is a question often asked by the handy man whose wife has a ton of shoes. Building a shows rack is quite simple and can be done in just a few hours from start to finish. For the purpose of this article we are going tell you how much you need for a three foot by five foot shoe rack.
To build a shoe rack, you will need:
- To know the size of the space where the shoe rack will go
- To know how many pairs of shoes it needs to hold
- Cordless drill
- 5- 2 X 10 X 10 boards
- Paint or stain, depending on how you want to finish it
- Tape measure
- Saw horses
- Wooden dowels
- 5ft Level
- Circular saw
- 3 X 5 Luaun
- Size. These directions are to build a three foot by five foot shoe rack that will hold 15 pairs of shoes or more. You can adjust the size to fit your needs.
- Cutting. Take the 2 X 10’s and put them on the saw horses. Cut 6 five foot pieces, 2 three foot pieces, and 10 one foot pieces.
- Building. Using the level and the tape measure 1/3 inch holes at one inch increments approximately 1 ½ inches in from the front and back of the 5 foot boards. On two of the boards, the ones that goes on the sides, holes only need drilled on the inside. One the other four boards drill holes on both sides. Once the holes are drilled attach the 5ft boards to the 3foot boards at one foot increments. Once all the boards are attached put the luaun on the back. The luaun is not necessary but helps with stability.
- Painting/staining. Once the shell is complete paint or stain it and the 1ft boards. Let dry and repeat if needed.
- Finishing. Place the dowels at the correct spots for the shoes you want to store. Insert the shelves and begin adding the shoes. With the adjustable shelves you can make them as tall or as short as needed.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.