How To Build Skateboard Mini Ramps
Learning how to build a skateboard mini ramp at home is not terribly difficult, but it can take some time. This ramp consists of two sloped sides, and a flat center part, allowing a skateboarder to go from side to side, doing tricks. It can provide great fun at home, and making one on your own only requires a few materials. Following is some advice on how to build a skateboard mini ramp.
How to Build a Skateboard Mini Ramp: Materials
- Three sheets of plywood
- Two by four boards
- Saw, such as table saw or electric hand saw
How to Build a Skateboard Mini Ramp
- Buy all of the supplies that you will need to make the ramp. These can be found at any home improvement or construction supply store.
Next, build the framing of the ramp. Start by making four two by four triangles from two by fours. Cut four long boards, four long hypotenuses, and four shorter heights for these, which will be identical triangles.
- Assemble the framing sides for each end. Make four identical triangles from the cut pieces of two by fours.
- Then, nail one sheet of plywood on top of the hypotenuse sides of two triangles. Cut the plywood sheet to the length of the hypotenuse. Do the same with the other two sides and the other sheet, so that you have two individual ramps, each made of two sides and a sheet of plywood.
- Nail one sheet of plywood between these two sides. Now, you should have two ramps with a smooth, connecting sheet of plywood, so that skaters can go from one side of the ramp to the other to do tricks. Have fun with the homemade skateboard ramp.
Learning how to build a skateboard mini ramp at home is not too hard. With a little bit of effort, you can easily make a great jump for skateboard tricks which can provide hours of fun.