Learning how to build a skateboarding box is a fairly easy activity. To undertake this task, however, you must have a basic understanding of tool use and craftsmanship. Following is advice on how to build a skateboarding box for grinding.
- Two sheets of plywood
- Long two by four boards
- Saw, such as hand saw or electric table saw
- First, buy all of the materials that you will need. They can be found at any home improvement or construction supply store.
- Next, decide on the length of your skateboarding box. It will have a long, rectangular shape, which should be at least six feet in length.
- Cut four two by fours to the length of the box you are building. These will be the four corners of the frame of a box that will have plywood nailed to it.
Cut about ten two by four cuts to the size of the height of the box, and about ten to the size of the narrow (one foot or so) width.
- Make two ladder-like sides by nailing the five two by fours that represent the height to the two by fours, using two two by four sides and five cuts for each side. Using the width cuts, make a rectangular frame by connecting the two sides by nailing these small cuts (five on top, and five on the bottom) on the top and bottom. Now, you should have the skeleton of your rectangular grind box.
- Cut plywood to the size of the the sides, two ends, and the top and bottom. Nail these wooden panels onto the frame, and you have your own homemade skateboarding box.
Learning how to build a box for skateboarding is not too hard, but you will have to know how to operate tools. Once finished, the grind box can be a source of great fun.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …