Knowing how to build a ski jump means you can lay down some awesome tricks wherever you can find enough snow. Learning how to build a ski jump takes a little bit of time, but it is not a complicated process. Before you start learning how to build a ski jump you will need to gather the following items.
- 3 Pieces of Plywood (at least snowboard size)
- Snow Shovel
Once you have gathered these items, it is time to start learning how to build a ski jump.
- Find a good location for your ski jump. The first step in learning how to build a ski jump is deciding where you want to build it. You want to pick a place that will allow you to build up some speed before you reach the jump, that way you can get some good air.
- Set up a frame for the jump. After you get some practice building ski jumps you will be able to build them without building a frame first. When learning how to build a ski jump, it is best to use the plywood to create a frame first. Set up the plywood in a "U" shape where the opening of the "U" is facing up the hill. This provides a frame for the walls and the back of the ski jump.
- Shovel snow into the frame. Use your shovel to fill the frame up with snow. You want to put a good amount of snow in, mostly towards the back wall of the jump. You want the front of the jump to blend in with the rest of the snow. After you have filled the frame in with snow, use the shovel to pack the snow down and make it hard. This way you will ride on top of the jump instead of just through it.
- Remove the frame. Once you have packed the snow down you can remove the plywood frame from the jump. After you do this, give the jump one more pat down with the shovel to make sure the snow is packed good and hard. You have now learned how to build a ski jump, all that's left is hitting it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?