Want to learn how to build snare drums? The snare drum is the most important piece of a drum set. It is a very popular drum also used in marching bands. Learning how to build a snare drum can be very fun, so let's get started!
To build snare drums, you will need:
- Drum parts (a shell, drum head and a snare coil)
- Hardware (nuts and bolts)
- To get good parts, go to a music store. You will want the shell, drum heads and snare coil. You will have plenty of options to choose from, so choose carefully. Take you time in the entire process since it is very important that every detail is taken care of.
- Next, you will want to sand the snare drum. It won't need a lot of sanding, but pay attention to detail in this step. Clear coating will amplify the scratches in the surface. Keep sanding until it has a nice finish.
- You will want to color the snare drum. There are many colors you can choose from. You can either spray it, brush it or apply the color from a spray can. Make sure you adjust the spray can to spray horizontally instead of vertically. This will make the coat look much better and professional. As a rule of thumb, put on three coats and then let it sit overnight before wet sanding it.
- Next, you will want to wax the snare drum. This will allow the color to shine brighter and look finished.
- You will need hardware, like nuts and bolts, to put the pieces together. Make sure you have the snare heads that you plan to use so you don't have to change these out later. For the snare coil at the bottom of the snare drum, you will want to make sure you have the right parts to assemble the snare coil. It has to include an adjustment mechanism that will allow the drummer to adjust the coil. When you get the parts for the snare drum you will know how they all fit together.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.