How To Build A Snowboard Rail
Learning how to build a snowboard rail for grinding takes some time, but it is not very hard for those who know how to cement. All that needed is a location, and the right materials.
To build a snowboard rail, you will need:
- Metal stair rail for the outdoors
- Cement, to be used at above 32 degrees F
- Shovel or post hole diggers
- Tape measure
How to Build a Snowboard Rail:
First, purchase all of the materials that you will need. They should be available at any home improvement or construction supply company.
- Next, on land that you are allowed to use and build upon, pick a spot on a sloped area or hill to build the homemade skateboard rail. You may start creating the snowboard rail.
- Measure, based on your metal stair rail, the distance that the legs or metal supports are apart from one another. Dig holes in the sloped ground that are spaced by that same distance.
- Place the rail in the holes, so that it slopes downward with the hill, and mix cement in a large vat or wheel barrow. The temperature will need to be above freezing for this step. Using sand and water and the cement mix, make concrete.
- Before the concrete has begun to dry, pour it into the holes with the stair rail, to cement the snowboard rail in place. Prop it up, and wait until the cement dries. Then, next time it snows, put your personal snowboard rail to good use!
Learning how to build a snowboard rail at home is not too hard. All that is needed is time, materials, and your ability to use cement, and in no time, you can have your own skateboard rail for grinding and tricks.