Understanding how to build a soccer field is a fairly simple task. A soccer field is made up of a basic set up which is what allows the game to be played in basically any circumstance. This characteristic has contributed to soccer's status as the "world's game." There are different levels of building a soccer field that can add to the field's authenticity, but there are really only two core elements of the soccer field that a person needs to take into account in order to set himself up to play soccer.
Things you'll need:
- Open space (such as grassy fields, parking lots, etc.)
- Two random objects to mark goal space
- Four cones or other objects to mark boundary lines
- An open area. This is the main element necessary to build a soccer field. The authentic dimensions of an international soccer field are 120 by 80 yards. However, finding a grassy space of that size is hard to do, so people usually settle for smaller areas. The field does not need to be made of grass either. Many people play soccer on dirt or on sand in parks on top of baseball diamonds, in empty lots or in cement parking lots. The beauty of soccer is that it can be applied to any playing surface.
- Goals. The focal point of soccer is to score goals, so having goals when building a soccer field is essential. Regulation soccer goals are eight feet high and 24 feet wide. It can be difficult to find or build a soccer goal with these dimensions. All you need to build a soccer goal are two objects that can act as the goal posts and create a space where players can kick the ball through. Soccer goals are made of cones, two backbacks or simply two sticks dug into the ground. The goals must be placed at opposite ends of the field. It is good to use objects that rise off the ground as goal posts so if a player's shot rises in the air, it will be easier to keep track of goals. There are a variety of imitation soccer goals of all sizes for sale made of PVC piping and of fold out material that are portable and easy to set up.
- Boundary lines. The different boundary lines on a soccer field are important in actual regulated games, but not completely essential when building your own soccer field. If the soccer field is built on a grassy area, the traditional way to mark out the field is to use white paint against the green grass. As a replacement, you can also use cones to mark out the four corners of the field to set up invisible lines that players can use to approximate the boundaries of the field. Shirts and other pieces of closing can be used to mark out the boundary lines of the soccer field as well. How specific you want to get with boundary lines (i.e. including the penalty area, the center circle, the corner marker) is up to you and the people you are playing with.
Soccer is a very simple game and the field that it is played on reflects the nature of the game. When building a soccer field, you don't need a lot of materials or need to imitate the regulation dimensions or specific appearance of the field. If a person wants to play a game of soccer with his or her friends, all he or she will need is an open space and some pieces of clothing or other simple objects to mark out goals and boundaries. Once you roll the ball out, the game can begin. That is the beauty of soccer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.