How To Build A Soccer Goal With PVC
Playing soccer is a great family activity, and if you want a goal for your games, here are instructions on how to build a soccer goal with PVC pipes. Building with PVC is a lot cheaper and easier than building with metal. If you want your net to last, ask the hardware store sales associate for strong PVC pipe.
You will need:
- PVC pipes (about 40’ for a 4’ foot tall and 5’ foot wide goal)
- 6 PVC elbows and 4 tee connections to fit your PVC pipes together
- Cement glue to keep your pipes in your elbows
- 25 square feet of netting
- Zip ties to tie down your net to your PVC frame
- Weights to keep the goal stationary
- To build a soccer goal with PVC, you will first need PVC pipes. You can buy PVC pipes at any hardware store or plumbing supply store. There are different grades of PVC and if you want your goal to last a longer, you will have to spend more for the better PVC. You want to buy 40' to make your soccer goal with PVC.
- Now it’s time to cut the PVC pipes for the frame of your PVC soccer goal. Use a tape measure to measure out four 1’ sections, four 3’ sections, two 5’ sections, and two 4’ sections. You should have 6’ left over. Use a pipe cutting saw and a flat surface to rest the PVC onto.
- Now that you have your PVC pipes to build a soccer goal with, it’s time to start building. You want to dry fit all the pieces together before you glue them all in to make sure it’s a suitable fit. Your two 4’ pipes are the front of the goal they connect to an elbow at the top and the bottom. The top elbow is connected to a 1’ section. The 1’ section is connected to a tee. Follow through the tee and connect a 3’ foot section. The part of the tee that sticks down gets a 5’ section. Do this for both sides of the goal. Connect the two 1’ sections to the 3’ section.
- Back to the 4’ section, on the bottom elbow connect a 3’ section then connect an elbow to it. Connect a 1’ section on the elbow followed by a tee. Follow through the tee with another 3’ section. That 5’ section now connects to this tee as well and the 3’ section. The 3’ section should connect to the other side of the goal that you were making as well.
- If you feel like you have missed something there are schematics of this frame online. Now that the PVC soccer goal frame is done it’s time to put on the glue. Make sure you have a well-ventilated area to in. Put the cement glue in the elbows and tees, stick your pipes into the connecters and wipe off any excess. It’s not that hard to build a soccer goal with PVC now is it?
- To build a soccer goal with PVC, you will now need to install your net. Spread the net over your frame and zip tie the ends down. Spread the zip ties down about 1’ from each other and the 1’ sections should have zip ties on them. If there is a little extra netting you can always cut it off.
- If you don’t want your goal to be kicked around the yard, then you should weigh it down. You can either put sand bags on the bottom or use tent stakes to stake your soccer goal with PVC and rope or zip ties. You could also use a bag of rocks or any heavy object that won’t move when you kick a soccer ball at it. That’s how you build a soccer goal with PVC.