Knowing how to build a subwoofer box for your truck will have some great benefits for you as the sound will be extremely strong. The bass will also be more full and the overall impact will be richer. It is generally recommended that a subwoofer should be enclosed in a subwoofer box. While building one for a truck, it is important to find the appropriate place for keeping the subwoofer box, such as the seat’s rear area. Basic carpenter skills are required to make such a subwoofer box.
Things you’ll need to build a subwoofer box:
- Jig saw
- Speaker wire
- 3/4-inch medium-density fiberboard (MDF)
- Carpenter's glue
- Wood screws
- Circular saw
- Terminal cup
- Cut the wood into two fourteen-by-twelve inch and two fourteen-by-six inch pieces. The bigger pieces will be used for the front and the rear panels and the smaller ones will be for top and the bottom panels.
- Make an opening on the front panel for the subwoofer. Measure the subwoofer to decide the cut required on the front panel. Use a jig saw and a drill for it.
- Put the panels together using carpenter's glue and wood screws.
- Cut two six-by-thirteen-and-a-half inch end panels using circular saw for the subwoofer box. Using a jig saw and a drill, cut out an opening so as to accommodate a terminal cup in any one panel.
- Attach the end panels in the subwoofer box with the help of carpenter's glue and wood screws.
- Add a speaker wire measuring twelve-inches in the terminal cup. Take the wire inside the box and then using wood screws attach the terminal cup to the subwoofer box.
- Join the speaker wire from the other end to the subwoofer. Install subwoofer inside the box using wood screws. Mount the box inside the truck and join it to the amplifier.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
Why It’s Still Better to Be Manly Than ‘Nice’
Just trust us. Or better yet, read this story!