Learning how to build a treehouse is something that everyone should experience. The practice of building treehouses has been around as long as children have played, and has grown into an art. There are many different techniques and styles you can build a treehouse in, but here is a basic overview of what you will need:
- A tree
- A hammer
- Find a suitable tree. Probably the most important step, as this tree will be the base support for your treehouse. Make sure it is at least three feet around, and has good thick branches. It is also good if it is either easy to climb up, or has places where you can build a ladder.
- Gather your materials. Depending on how complex your treehouse will be, you will need enough lumber for walls, a floor, a roof, and a ladder. Also make sure you have plenty of nails, probably around 50 to 100 to make sure your treehouse is secure.
- Find out how to get in the tree. This step will most likely involve making a ladder, a simple one can be made up the side of a tree by nailing in one foot long wooden planks about two feet apart going up the tree. Make sure you use four or five nails a piece, so that they do not slip.
- Build your floor. This will be the platform you sit on to build the rest of your treehouse, make sure it is placed on a strong branch, and that it does not shift or move.
- Build your walls. Starting with the three sides not facing the ladder, nails boards in to create walls. The last piece should have an opening for a door, which you can leave open or create a door for.
- Build the roof. The last and trickiest step to building a treehouse is putting on the roof. You want to make sure there’s plenty of headroom inside, an a shape is a good idea for this. You will have to put it on from the outside, so make sure there is a secure branch you can sit on to do this.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.