How To Build Triceps
All of the other muscle groups are down pat, but knowing how to build triceps bigger seems to have alluded you. The "tris," as they are commonly called, account for up to 7 percent of the muscle mass on someone's arm. As you can see, because of their large proportion, body builders often try to build triceps above other core groups. Want to build triceps for yourself? Well read on, friend!
- Understand the basics of muscle building. Mass gaining is something that must be learned in order to properly build triceps. A combination of catabolic and anabolic activities (breaking down and recovering of muscles) is essential. The way you build triceps is through diligence, consistency and proper relaxation.
- Workout triceps effectively throughout the week. If you are attempting to build triceps two times a week, make sure there is enough rest to give those muscles some much needed recovery. Typically, your muscle groups will need anywhere between one to three days for effective recovery. A three to five day workout should feature two days worth of concentration on the triceps. Bench press, dips, triceps extension, and push ups are all famous workouts that target your those "tris" quite well.
- Rest, rest, and more rest. Think of your body as a bank. You will not be able to earn any "interest" on your account unless there is an initial investment (working out) and a period of waiting (recovery) to accumulate that profit (huge triceps).
- Eat properly. Consume like you've never consumed before! That body of yours is hungry, because it has had a hard days work at the gym. Build triceps by feed them with good fats (like olive oil), excellent carbohydrates (meat), and that oh-so-famous protein (nuts). Of course, these are just suggestions and there are plenty of foods out there that give the carbs, protein and fat you will need.
- After a workout session, load up on protein. Perhaps the most famous tool used to build triceps is the protein shake. Protein shakes are most effective as they dissolve into your system with ease, while protein bars and other solid will take time.
If you really want to build triceps, my friend, be consistent. Above all, a workout is useless if it isn't disciplined, organized, and followed-through. You will build triceps, it just takes some time and effort to get those desired results.